Jisr az-Zarqa جسرالزرقاء
Jisr az-Zarqa, or "The Blue Bridge", is an Arab settlement in the Haifa District of Israel, and the only one in Israel that is located on the seashore. Jisr was declared a local council in 1961.
Jisr az-Zarka is located on a limestone strip on the Mediterranean coast. The western section of the Taninim River separates Jisr al-Zarqa from the Taninim Natural Reserve, to the north of which lies Kibbutz Maagan Michael. To the west Jisr borders with the Mediterranean Sea, to the south with Caesarea. and to the east with Highway 2 (Haifa-Tel Aviv Highway).
Jisr az-Zarka is named after the bridge located above the Taninim River which was built for the Emperor Wilhelm II during his visit to Palestine in 1898. The name of Nahal Taninim in Arabic is "Wadi az-Zarqa" (the Blue River), hence the name of the settlement.
The artifacts presented in the online museum were collected by the residents of Jisr Hadili Shehab and Saaida Ali. The artifacts were passed down for generations of families in Jisr until they gradually became obsolete. Hadili and Saaida have collected the artifacts in order to pass their narratives and preserve the ancient traditions for future generations.
Who We Are من نحن
Social Hub Technion